Getting a Pacemaker With SureScan® Technology
Unlike previous generations of pacemakers, the Revo MRI™ and Advisa MRI SureScan® pacing systems were designed, tested, and FDA approved to allow for access to MRI scans.
Watch video about SureScan® Technology:
It is important to be aware of the risks associated with mixing these technologies and know what to ask your doctor to help make an informed decision before getting an MRI.
A complete SureScan pacing system including an Advisa MRI SureScan IPG and a Revo MRI SureScan IPG and two CapSureFix MRI SureScan leads is required for use in the MRI environment. Any other pacing system combination may result in a hazard to the patient during an MRI scan. When programmed to On, the MRI SureScan feature allows the patient to be safely scanned while the device continues to provide appropriate pacing. The Advisa MRI and Revo MRI SureScan pacing systems are MR Conditional. This means the pacing system is designed to allow patients to undergo MRI, when your doctor determines you meet patient eligibility requirements and the scan is conducted according to Medtronic directions.
The term “MRI access” means your implanted pacemaker has shown no known hazards in certain MR environment with specified conditions of use. If you are being considered for an MRI scan, your cardiologist will have information about the environment and conditions
Access My MRI. My Pacemaker. My Guide. to help start a conversation with your doctor via five short questions. Your answers can be printed and offers some kick-start topics to help address if a pacemaker that allows for MRI access is right for you or a loved one.
Remote Follow Up
The Medtronic CareLink® Network may give you a new sense of freedom1 through remote monitoring of your Medtronic implantable heart device. CareLink Remote Home Monitoring allows you to send your device information to your clinic using a monitor connected to a standard analog phone line.
Today, nearly 600,000 patients in 31 countriesx benefit from Medtronic's home monitoring, gaining more:
- Freedom – With CareLink Monitoring, you're free to live life more fully.1
- Convenience – With the simple, one-touch monitor, you transmit device information over a standard analog phone line. If you have an implanted heart device with Conexus® Automatic Monitoring, your information may be sent automatically while you sleep.
- Peace of mind – People who use CareLink Monitoring report improved quality of care and express higher satisfaction with their medical team.2
Revo MRI and Advisa MRI SureScan Pacing Systems
Weight: 21.5 g
Please note: additional SureScan® Pacing systems are available in other parts of the world and are known by names other than Revo MRI™ or Advisa MRI. This treatment is prescribed by your physician. This treatment is not for everyone. Please talk to your doctor to see if it is right for you. Your physician should discuss all potential benefits and risks with you. Although many patients benefit from the use of this treatment, results may vary.
- Medtronic CareLink Network: Patient Satisfaction Survey, August 2004.
- Schoenfeld MH, Compton SJ, Mead RH, et al. Remote monitoring of implantable cardioverter defibrillators: a prospective analysis. PACE. June 2004;27(6 Pt 1):757-763.